MAY 26 - JUNE 1, 2020
Registration and information is coming soon. Don’t miss out on the upcoming 2020 premiere institute.
National Association of Student Affairs (NASAP)
Student Leadership Institute
The Student Leadership Institute (SLI) is an intensive, interactive, and stimulating learning program.
It is a six day program designed for newly elected HBCU student leaders (Student Government Associations, Class Officers,
Greek Councils, Student Ambassadors, Programming Boards) who are committed to uplifting their organizations and their university.
Through the Institute, participants will:
- Understand the mission and need for Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
- Understand the role of student leaders on campuses.
- Develop an appreciation for planning and organization in the development of students.
- Serve as catalysts on their respective campuses for empowerment and change.
- Develop skills necessary to work with other student organizations, faculty, administration, and fellow students to establish cooperation and positive attitudes as the foundation for success.
- Encompass a solid understanding of leadership development, its principles and service in the Black community as related to the world and nation’s uplift and progress.
- Develop a relationship with campus administration to enhance collaborative solutions.
- Experience collaborative learning and enjoyment while developing invaluable skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
What is SGA?
Fund Raisers and Grants
Planning a Retreat
Greek Life and My Role
Hazing vs. Membership Intake
The Perfect Campus Tour
History and Traditions
Understanding the Nguzo
Defining Your Leadership Style
Motivation of Members
Mr. Desmond Stowe, SLI Site Coordinator
Savannah State University
Office of Student Life– 246,
3219 College Street, Savannah State, GA 31404
P: (912) 358-3117
F: (912) 358-3159
Mr. James Lunnermon, II, SLI Site Coordinator
University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Office of Alumni Affairs,
30665 Student Services Center Lane, Princess Anne, Maryland 21853
P: (410) 651-7606
Cell: (410) 726-4889