NASAP AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
The National Association of Student Affairs Professionals
Award Submission Deadline: November 1, 2017
Award Review Process: November 8 – December 1, 2017
Notification of Awardees: December 6, 2017
NASAP Award Categories
Awards are presented in two categories: Professional and Student Awards.
- Sadie M. Yancey Professional Service Award –established to honor the NAPW/NASAP Founder and first president whose work inspired a nation of Student Affairs Professionals of Color. This award bestows the highest honor issued by the National Association for Student Affairs Professionals on a member. The award recognizes outstanding service, contributions to the field of Student Affairs generally, and to NASAP in particular.
- Benjamin L. Perry Professional Award –established to honor a founding member and former president whose work inspired numerous young professionals to pursue Student Affairs as a career. Issued by the National Association
forStudent Affairs Professionals, the award recognizes the outstanding potential to the field of Students Affairs generally, and to NASAP in particular.
- C. W. Grant Past Presidents Award –created to honor the legacy of Dr. C. W. Grant who contributed valued and honored service to NASAP. This award is reserved for past presidents (with significant service as outlined in the award criteria—e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for award criteria).
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award –to recognize the contributions made by a graduate student to the Association and/or to the field of Student Affairs
- Outstanding Student Leader Award -presented to an undergraduate student with demonstrated efforts in promoting student autonomy, effectiveness in leadership and acknowledged responsibility for elected or appointed positions of responsibility at a member institution and/or to the Association.
Making a Nomination
- Individuals making a nomination must be a current financial member of NASAP.
- All nominations should be submitted using the online Awards Nomination Form. Nominations submitted otherwise will not be considered.
**Awardees will be recognized at the 64th Annual Conference Closing Dinner on Saturday, February 17, 2017, in Charleston, South Carolina.
All nominations will be reviewed and selected by the awards committee. The awards committee consists of a diverse group of student and academic affairs professionals who are dedicated to the work of student success at
The Awards Committee
- Dr. Fred Bonner, Professor & Endowed Chair of Educational Leadership and Counseling, Prairie View A & M University
- Dr. Taj Cobbs, Director of Student Support Services, University of Arkansas
- Dr. Sharon Holmes, Associate Professor, Binghamton University
- Rose Wilson-Hill (chair), Director of ODI Admin/Spec Progs & Spec Asst to the Vice Provost & Chief Diversity Officer, The Ohio State University
- Willie Young, Senior Director of Off Campus & Commuter Student Services, The Ohio State University
For more information about the NASAP Awards, please contact Rose Wilson-Hill at Wilsonemail@example.com or 614-292-8156.
by November 1, 2017
CONFERENCE QUICK LINKS